Dangerous And Defective Drugs
All drugs have side effects. When they are properly disclosed, patients can make well informed decisions weighing the risks and benefits. When side effects are not disclosed, we are stripped of that ability. If you were injured by a dangerous drug you may be entitled to compensation.
At Rutberg Breslow Personal Injury Law, we handle cases of serious injury and wrongful death throughout New York State. In cases involving a dangerous drug in what is commonly known as a ‘class action”, we team up with a firm focusing on that particular drug, so that together our professional teams give your case the attention it deserves. Whether we handle a case ourselves or with our “class action” team, we are here to help you receive proper compensation for your injury or the loss of a loved one. Contact us for a free consultation.
Below are just some of the dangerous drug cases we are working on:
- Benicar: Associated with enteropathy, a disease of the intestine leading to severe diarrhea.
- Eliquis: Can cause internal bleeding.
- Pradaxa: Associated with internal bleeding.
- Xarelto: Found to be associated with liver injury and internal bleeding.
- Taxotere: May cause alopecia, or permanent hair loss, in some patients. Manufacturer is accused of hiding this fact from the public.
This class of drugs is associated with bone fracture, kidney disease and failure, cardiovascular injuries and failure, as well as ketoacidosis, a serious condition in which the blood becomes poisoned by ketones.
Drug class found to be associated with heart failure and pancreatic cancer.
This drug class is associated with cardiovascular injuries and failure, chronic kidney disease and failure, dementia, and acute interstitial nephritis AIN, the inflammation of tissues and tubes around the kidneys.