Lawrence A Breslow
- Managing Partner
When you’re in a courtroom with Larry Breslow, it’s hard to miss the high energy he exudes. Motivated by his compassion for the injured and blessed with a knack for what he calls “the core of a story,” Larry is fundamentally driven by a strong competitive nature. For him a trial is “the process of beating down insurance defense lawyers with the truth.” His courtroom style coincides with his view of the world where “the facts and common sense mean a whole lot more than a bunch of technicalities.” Juries tend to agree. Knowing that, his courtroom opponents often see the wisdom of settling his cases.
Larry is almost always smiling. When not in court, his fast wit and ready laugh tends to put clients at ease. He lightens the moment for his clients so they are more able to help him address the painful business of their case. True to the mission of the firm, which places the attorney-client relationship at the foundation of every case and by staying focused on their needs, Larry’s connection to his clients runs deep.
Larry’s diverse background and experiences have helped shape his philosophy of the practice of law. His father exemplified the highest standard of legal practice so from an early age, Larry saw law as a way to help people. Following law school he spent several years in civil litigation and personal injury law before accepting a position as in-house counsel for a highly regarded publisher.
In 2005, he returned to his roots and passion…the practice of personal injury law. He brings to the Rutberg Breslow Personal Injury Law firm a unique combination of skills and experience. By virtue of his legal acumen and relentless pursuit of excellence, he wins justice and fair compensation for his clients in case after case. Guided by a strong sense of right and wrong, at all stages of litigation, settlement and trial, Larry’s legal skills are a source of pride to the entire firm.
In 2012, Larry became managing partner of the firm.
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 1995
- Honors: Moot Court Honor Society
- Binghamton University
- B.A. - 1992
- Massachusetts, 1995
- New York, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1995
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1995
- Super Lawyers
- Former Chair of the American Heart Association’s Leadership Development Committee for the Hudson Valley Chapter
- Board Member, American Heart Association’s Leadership Development Committee for the Hudson Valley Chapter, 2014 to 2017
- Dutchess County Bar Association
- Sullivan County Bar Association
- Ulster County Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice, Nursing Home Litigation Group